** This competition is now closed. Thanks for your entries. **
You might have noticed we’re a little bit obsessed with money right now because we read The Barefoot Investor by Scott Pape. (* Just to let you know, this article is not a sponsored post, but the links to books on Mumlyfe are always affiliate links). In the “spring clean your budget” article, I mentioned that I was a reader, but not so much a ‘doer’, but let me tell you, that book opened my eyes to what’s possible.
While it’s true that I haven’t taken to Pape’s blueprint for financial life quite like so many others (a quick read of the endorsed “Shared Experiences” Facebook group shows that Pape is almost Pope to many), I’m a huge fan nonetheless. Read the book, because it will keep you on track to managing your money better. It has really helped us in so many ways.
The Barefoot Investor for Families
So when Pape launched his new book The Barefoot Investor for Families this week, it really made me sit up and take notice. I may unfathomably not be 100% on board to make changes with my own finances, but when it comes to the kids, I want them to start as they mean to go on. I rushed out and bought a copy. And then I rushed out and bought two more, because I want you to read this book.
If our kids start early using the principles Pape outlines in his book, they are going to be doing mighty fine.
We’ve all f*cked up the finances from time to time, and chances are our kids will too. But it’s a hell of a lot less scary making a poor financial decision from time to time when you have a cushy financial bed to fall back on. If our kids start early using the principles Pape outlines in his book, they are going to be doing mighty fine. Which, of course, is going to help their parents sleep like lambs too. Baa.
Win one of two copies
You can win a copy of The Barefoot Investor for Families by Scott Pape, simply by telling us what your best money tip for families is. Something you plan to pass onto your kids.
A quick read of the endorsed Facebook group shows that Pape is almost Pope to many.
It might be a budgeting tip, or an investing tip, or just a bit of wise advice that you live by. Whatever it is, be creative because we’ll be awarding a copy of the book to the two most useful and out-of-the-box money ideas. You will need to ‘like’ the Mumlyfe Facebook page (but please only like us if you want to be part of our community).
You can publish your idea in the comments below or in the comments on this Facebook post – either works just fine.
Entries close on Sunday, 7 October 2018. The competition is open to Australian residents only. Full terms and conditions are below.
What’s your most clever budget tip for families?
Terms and Conditions
- Giveaway open to Australian residents who like Mumlyfe on Facebook only
- Entries open at midday on 30 September and close on 7 October 2018 at 11:59 pm.
- There are two prizes of one The Barefoot Investor for Families by Scott Pape book, each prize is valued at $29.99 – total prize pool $59.98
- The two winners will be notified via email, so make sure you include your email address (not published).
- Winners will also be announced on the Mumlyfe Facebook page on 9 October 2018 at 9.00 pm.
- This is a game of skill so be creative and original with your response.
- This competition is promoted on Facebook. By entering and participating, entrant agrees to hold harmless, defend and indemnify Facebook from and against any and all claims, demands, liability, damages or causes of action (however named or described), losses, costs or expenses, with respect to or arising out of or related to (i) entrant’s participation in the competition, or (ii) entrant’s participation in any Prize related activities, acceptance of a Prize and/or use or misuse of a Prize (including, without limitation, any property loss, damage, personal injury or death caused to any person(s)). This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook.
- The prize will be distributed by Mumlyfe via Australia Post in the week following the announcement of the winners.